Both the House and Senate have passed legislation to prevent significant Medicare payment cuts from taking effect on January 1. President Biden is expected to sign the bill into law. The Protecting Medicare & American Farmers bill contains welcome relief for healthcare providers including:
- Extending the moratorium on the 2% sequestration until April 2022.
- Reducing sequestration from 2% to 1% for April-June 2022
- Blocks the 4% Pay-As-You-Go cuts to Medicare payments
- Provides a 3% payment increase for services reimbursed under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS)
- Delays payment reductions to the Clinical Laboratory Fee Schedule (CLFS)
- Postpones the Medicare Radiation Oncology Model until 2023
There are additional Medicare provisions outlined that we encourage providers to review.
The Act is located here: https://rules.house.gov/sites/democrats.rules.house.gov/files/BILLS-117S610-RCP117-22.pdf
HBE’s team of experts is available to assist you with risk assessments, routine auditing and monitoring, policy and procedure development as well as customized education and training for your clinical and administrative staff.
DISCLAIMER: This newsletter contains only summary information and highlights; it should be read in conjunction with the full article or document provided as a link. Any advice or recommendations are general and specific questions should be directed to professional counsel.